If you stop over presenting and under closing, you will accelerate your sales – we promise you. This is a key skill that if you master it, could be the biggest yet easiest change you make in your sales approach!
We see sales people overpresenting and underclosing all the time; all you need to do is to flip the balance the other way!
Be more clever and concise in the presentation of your information and overclose; little and often – it’s the recipe for sales success.
High value product sales are based on both rational and emotional decision making. You need to make sure that when and how you present what you know about your development and the home that is available for this customer to buy is tailored to the customer in front of you. You really need to make sure that everything you say is valued by the customer so timing and explanation is key.
Here are 3 easy ways to improve your presenting and maximise your closing:
- Chunk your information so that you trade it with customers
- Practice a 2 for 1 qualification
- Practice tagging an effective question after every piece of information you give out
Try to be really conscious of what you are doing to:
- Hold back your knowledge and impart it so that it is valued by the customer
- Tailor your presentation to match and meet the customer’s needs
- Use known information to gain commitment to the next step of your selling
- Maximise the use of your visual aids to gain understanding and commitment
- Create the customer’s dream
- Build trust with the customer by proving that you know what you are talking about
- Get the customer to give you more feedback so that you can gain their ongoing commitment
Give it a go!
Make some small changes to achieve a BIG difference in your selling.